Hair Extension Aftercare and Maintenance
- Must use recommended professional sulfate-free Shampoo and Conditioner
- Apply conditioner and styling products only from mid-shaft and ends. Products may break down the bonds of the extensions.
- Don’t wash hair too much. Use a dry shampoo. It is designed to rejuvenate hair between washes and effortlessly removes oil and build up
- Do not go to bed with your hair wet. Instead place your hair in a loose ponytail or braid after it has dried.
- Brush your hair 2-3 times a day using your Extension Brush. Hold the roots of your hair with one hand while brushing in a downward motion with the other. *Be sure to brush at the root area where the bonds are to avoid matting.
- Stay away from salty, chlorinated, and/or hard water. This will break down the bonds and shorten the life of your hair.
- Keep direct heat from blow dryer away from your hair extension bonds. Heat can cause the Keratin to break down faster.
- Some slippage is common. If you are losing more than 10% of your extensions please contact me to move up your scheduled maintenance appointment.
Remember, hair extensions require maintenance. The better you take care of your hair, the longer your extensions will last.
o I-Tip: I-Tip extensions can last 2-3 months and can be reused 1 to 3 times*
o Tape-In: Tape-In extensions will last 1-2 months and can be reused 1 to 2 times*
o Fusion: The Fusion technique will last 2-4 months and may not be reused*
*It should be noted that these are general guidelines. Your hair may last longer or even have a shorter duration depending on many factors which include, but are not limited to; hair growth (fast or slow), quality of care, proper product usage, chemical process, daily brushing, use of heating implements on the extensions, etc.